THE SCARY TRUTHS
The sad situation in regards to women and abuse is it is all to common. We decided to keep this list simple, to the point and short.
- 1 in 6 women is a victim of rape. (The Rape Foundation)
- 1 in 5 young women report assault while in college. (Kaiser Permanente)
- 2,300 Americans are reported missing—every day.
- 12 million Americans are sociopaths and have no feelings for other humans.
- 81% of women report significant short-term or long-term impacts such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) from assaults.
- California has the highest amount of Human Trafficking in the United States.
There are approximately 2.5 million survivors of rape and 8.6 million survivors of sexual violence other than rape living in California alone. (Petition for Sexual Assault Survivors' Bill of Rights)
“What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight -
it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” Dwight D. Eisenhower